One of the most significant investments that you can make in home renovation or building your house is installing the roof. A lot of thought should go into choosing the right materials and the roof colour since the shelf life of a roof is counted in decades, and you have to live with your present choice for that long. Choosing a colour for your roof is not easy. First, you have to select the material for the roof and then decide the basic colour – red, brown, blue or any other. Once done, the next part is picking a specific shade and hue of that primary colour so that it complements all other elements of your house.
Here are specific tips that will help you decide the right colour for your house roof.
- Do not rush into a decision – It is not what you want now only; you have to think what you might want a few years down the line. Further, if you have any plans to sell your house in the future, you have to opt for neutral colours that appeal to general tastes. If not, you might have problems finding a buyer. Another thing that you should keep in mind is that the roof colour should “complement” the colour of the other elements like the colour of the bricks, walls and siding and not “match” them. For instance, having a blue roof, bricks and walls is a dull and lifeless combination once you try to match all three.
- Consult your roofing contractor – A roofing contractor will have years of experience in this field and can offer expert advice on the colour of your home roof. You will get guidance on the colour that will match the colour of the structure and the siding. The colour of the bricks is more permanent than that of the shutters or external walls or sidings which can be repainted and hence you should focus on completing the colour off the roof with the bricks.
- Research the roofing material options – There are a large number of colours of shingles that you can choose from. Some are even multi-coloured which will help you match against some elements of your home simultaneously. Consider the architecture of your home and decide whether you should have single or multi-coloured shingles. Browse through the various websites of roofing contractors and renovators as well as magazines on home architecture, and you should get a fair idea of what the colour of your roof should be.
- Make use of advanced tools and software – It is tough to visualise the finished colour of your home roof and to what extent it complements the rest of your home even after meticulous in-depth planning. Fortunately, you can take help of advanced tools and software to get an accurate picture of it. Most roofing manufacturers, as well as contractors, have the technology and software that allows their customers to download a photo of the house and then fill in the colours of the sidings, roof, shutters and bricks. You can move them around and decide on the roof colour after you are satisfied with the final visual aesthetics. For more in this regard, visit colouryourworldpainting.com.au.
- View the sample colour under all lighting conditions – Take samples of the shingles shortlisted by you and see them under various lighting conditions. Keep them in a sunny place where the colours of the brick meet the siding and the colour of the exterior wall. Then wait until the area slips into a shade. Both situations should satisfy you that the colour of the roof will look good under all external conditions.
Keep these things in mind when you choose the colour for your home roof.
The roof of your home protects you throughout the year and while strength and durability are important you might want a roof that contributes to the aesthetics too. Most roofing materials will meet your objectives of appearance but a lot depends on your budget and the climate you live in. You should know about all the options if you are building a new house or renovating the existing one and changing the roofing.
There are many types of roofing materials available ranging from asphalt shingles to steel panels, from clay tiles to wood shakes. Before picking one over another, it is advisable that you research on the subject before finalising a deal with the roofing contractor.
It is generally seen that great care is taken for setting up the interiors and exteriors but not much thought is given for the ideal roofing material. For instance, you might go out of your way to choose top of the line and innovative fittings and fixtures from Middleton’s Bathroom Products in Victoria. You might visit website to browse through the products offered. But will you give the same thought to selecting your roof material? You should if you care about your home and your loved ones.
Here is a lowdown of the various roofing materials available from which you can select.
Concrete tiles are trending today. While they look like some of the traditional roofing materials such as slate and terracotta, they are very cheap too. Concrete tiles are excellent insulators and hence are very good for regions with extreme hot or cold climates. You can also find concrete tiles in various colours and thus it can be matched with any exteriors. Finally, concrete tiles are less noisy during heavy rainfall when compared to other materials such as metal roofing.
There are many advantages of asphalt shingles. The first is that it is available in various colours and profiles. It is therefore suitable for any exteriors regardless of the architecture and colour. It is also very quiet in all weathers and offers excellent insulation from the weather outside. But the main benefit of asphalt shingles is the price. It is very reasonably priced and affordable. It is also effortless to install and can be quickly set up by anybody with a DIY frame of mind.
If you are looking for roofing that offers a wide range of colours and profiles and is also very strong and durable, your first choice should be metal panels. However, it is costlier than other roofing options. This facet of course depends on the noise reduction properties and the quality of the panels.
These are some of the options for the right roofing for your home.
As a homeowner, there are a lot of projects that you could DIY (do it yourself) from landscaping to painting and save hundreds or thousands of dollars. However, there are times when you should call a professional. This is when it comes to your roof, you just can’t pull out ladders and climb a multistorey building for roof inspection and repair, you need a roofing expert.The roof is the essential part of your house as it protects the rest of the structure along with the family and your possessions. Repairs and inspection related to your roof should be considered very serious so hire building inspection service in Melbourne to look out for precise signs of damage. It is always better to go with a local roofing expert to handle these types of work as they offer innumerable benefits.
Here are some of the major benefits of hiring a roofing expert.
You might think that DIY roof repairing will help you save a lot but you may miss out some areas which could, later on, become a major issue and cost you a lot more. On the other hand, hiring a professional roof repair contractor to fix up the damaged roof is cost-effective. This is because you may miss out on precise signs of damage that a roofing expert would never miss out, they also get the roofing materials at lower costs than you can get and have the right tools to work with according to the type of damage.
Roofing experts will recommend the best quality materials and install them using the highest standards. They have knowledge of which materials are the best quality and fit for your specific roof type and have access to high-quality materials at wholesale prices. The experts work according to the company standards and the equipment used also contribute to the deliverance of high standards of work.
If you are looking to re-roof the house or sell it or if you are an investor building houses for sale, then a roofing expert can add value to your house. The experts recommend roofing solutions which are preferred in the current market or the one that will last for decades to come. Most potential buyers consider a roof due to its beauty and functionality, so you will be at an advantage with the roofing expert.
When you are completing a task all by yourself, you focus more on the task rather than on safety. This is particularly true for roof inspections and repairs, as you are high on the rooftop and working at steep angles accidents can occur. To ensure your safety, it is recommended that you hire a roofing expert, as they have the necessary resources to complete the job with ease.
The above-mentioned are the benefits of hiring roofing experts. They not only have access to the right equipment, materials and supplies but can also overcome any sudden challenges or issues which may be detected only after detailed Mornington Peninsula building inspections.
Door knobs sound like a straightforward item to purchase, but there are some things you need to be aware of before making the buying decision. You need to consider style, size, and finish and decide whether it is appropriate or compliments well with your home appearance. Door knobs have a simple role to play which is, turn and allow easy access into a room, yet they should add significantly to a door’s beauty. So to help you make the best purchase decision, here’s the guide to buying door knobs.
There are various styles of door knobs to choose from contemporary to traditional. Before deciding which one to buy, you need to think about the style of your home and interiors and then look into which one would match it the best. For example, if you have an Edwardian style of house, then a classic oval or round shape or wooden design will go well. You also need to consider whether you would like to keep the same style throughout your house or have different.
When you start looking at door knobs in the store, you will probably notice that each has a distinct finish. There are varieties of finishes on offer such as brass, nickel, chrome, bronze, iron and oil-rubbed bronze. Choosing a finish depends on both aesthetic taste and location. For example, you would want to go for chrome door knob for the bathroom as it is easy to clean.
This is the most important aspect when buying door knobs. For an average door, the usual size for the knob would be 50mm in diameter, however, for larger doors, this might need to be as much as 75mm. To establish what you need, it’s best to measure the bore hole and the back-set on the door. Additionally, you need to measure the thickness of the door as well to get proper size door knob.
These are few essential things you need to know before buying door knobs.